Friday, October 8, 2010

Bad hair day pt 2...

I know you all remember my last debacle; if not please read Bad hair day. Five weeks later, my hair grew back. My plan was to forgo any more travesties and just grow an afro. I mean, why not? My other teammate was gone so I didn't have clippers, and it didn't really make sense for me to buy clippers so I could make myself bald.

However, my new teammate told me that he had some clippers, so if I wanted to try again, I could. I took a long, hard look in the mirror and said to myself, "If you're going to do this again, you're going to get it right!" So, I studied. And studied. I watched YouTube videos, I read articles online, and I asked him questions. I made sure I knew all the ins and outs of cutting my own hair and I learned from the mistakes I made the last time. I was ready.

It was time. I had the clippers in hand. I gave them a look of determination that would make even the biggest dog whimper. 
You Will Not Beat Me!






I turned on the song The Final Countdown to set the mood, then I got down to business. Every stroke of the clippers was done with the confidence and precision of a heart surgeon. Every strand of hair that fell to the ground elevated my self-confidence and sense of manliness! 







After I finished, I took a step back and examined myself in the mirror... I was quite satisfied with the results. I was sooooo relieved that I even caressed the clippers...

Such a good boy.
            I couldn't stop smiling... 
Like a kid in a candy store!












I was very proud of myself for succeeding at a task that I once failed at...miserably. What a great feeling! 







Ok... I haven't been entirely truthful...you see...what had happened was...my teammate was like...he knew how to cut hair...he cut his own hair...and other people's hair...and he offered to do mine...so I was like...I could either attempt this again,...and fail...or...I could have him do it...and have my hair look nice...so I chose the later option :) Eh, I'll learn another time. Our season starts next week, I will be on video, people will be taking pictures, and I just didn't want to have a bald head, ok! Don't judge me, you would've done the same thing. 
In other news, my Spanish is getting better by the day. I have to give a shout out to the website I have been using http://www.spanishdict.com. Simply amazing. And it's free! I'm at the point now where I can understand most conversations, as long as they're not speaking a million words per second - which they tend to do - and my speech is improving slowly. 

As far as basketball, we had our last friendly game before our season starts next Friday. We lost by two because of one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen in all my years of basketball. We were up one with 4 seconds left, and someone on their team drove the length of the court and threw up a one-handed fade away three pointer as time expired and the referee called a foul! It was so bad it was comical. We were joking about how bad the call was with the other team as the guy was shooting his free throws.
Anyway, I would like to give a shout out to all my teammates and coaches; they are all great, especially my coach. (Yeah I did it; it's my blog and I'll write what I want!) It's going to be a good year. Uno, Dos, Tres, NUEVE.

1 comment:

  1. Jerome, Amy can teach you how to cut your hair when you come in. She cuts mine....

    ReplyDelete