Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tough, tough week!

My computer broke again... but it's back now so I'm happy.

Annnnnd I lost another teammate. He wasn't even here for two weeks! It's been rough constantly changing teammates; I feel like as soon as I start really getting close to them they leave.

We are 0-4 now, by a total of 12 points!!! We've been so close every game, hopefully this week we break through.

On Friday I had my first double double this season and we lost by one point! But let's back up to before the game. My name. You remember last week I put tape over my away jersey. I came to the gym fully prepared to do the same to my home jersey. I pick up my jersey, and to my surprise they fixed it!...or at least tried...

Close... but no cigar
Mucho mejor!

I mean I would give them an 'A' for effort, but that's the letter they messed up on!


After I corrected my name - again - we went out there and lost a tough game. After the game, I was named the player of the game and they gave me a bottle of white wine! My goal is to open a winery by the end of the season :)


Sunday we had a game against our rivals! It would be like UVA playing Hokies (it took a lot for me not to insert a degrading comment here). As you would expect, the game was tough and fierce. But before the game I had a little surprise...
I left this picture large on purpose :)
 Third time is a charm! The game came down to the last possession. We were down 3 with 9 seconds left. We missed the 3 to tie the game but I got the offensive rebound. I ran as fast as I could to the 3-point line and got off a decent shot...missed just short. Man that would have been a great first career three pointer!

Understandably, I was upset about the game. I was eating with a couple teammates after the game thinking about how close we were. I got the urge to use the restroom so I stood up, looked around, saw an 'M' on the bathroom and headed straight for it... In my preoccupied state, I forgot that I was in Argentina, and not the US... and the 'M' stands for Mujeres not Male...

Luckily no one was in there, however, a waiter came and told me that I was in the wrong bathroom! Quite embarrassing. My teammates and I got a good laugh out of that one; it was just what we needed too.

On to the next game!!!

2 comments:

  1. J: Your blog is awesome, the way you describe your experiences here is so funny and entertained. Keep doing it and if you want writes about the city and the club, I`d like to know your thoughts. May be you could be a writer in local newspapers. Hope we win tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sup bro. It was good to hear from you this weekend. Loving the post man. It really is informative and creative. Keep me posting on the first win of the season!

    ReplyDelete