Saturday, October 23, 2010

Here today, gone tomorrow/The day the Earth stood still

I am interrupting the regularly scheduled blog for this special announcement.

Monday was probably the worst day of the year for me. "What happened?", you ask? The unthinkable. The unimaginable. The impossible. My computer cut off and would not reboot. Yes, I tried everything. I even called Dell! (I think it might be easier to talk to people in Spanish than to those people they have working those phone lines...) In my rush to come to Argentina, I forgot my installation disk. I called my dad and asked him to send it, but that would take at least two weeks, and there was no guarantee that it would work. I promise you, if I did not have an iPhone I would be back in the US right now. There is no way I could survive here without contact with the outside world. Luckily, a guy told me about someone who could fix it, and he did. Funny thing, I had no problem giving him a Kissy greeting. Boy oh boy that was a rough five days. But I AM BACK!!!

Now back to the originally scheduled blog. (Pretend it's Monday)



This has been quite an eventful week. My teammate left to move on to other endeavors; I wish him the best of luck with that and I'll definitely miss him. That's two lost teammates in two months. He left on Wednesday (and took the clippers with him, NOOOOOOOOO). We had our first regular season game on Friday and our second on Sunday, so I just thought that I'd be by myself for those two games and maybe the next week I'd have a new teammate...Nope. They found someone to replace him in less than 24 hours!!!! I thought less than a week was fast, but man! When I talked to my new teammate he said he got a 12 hour notice that he would be leaving the country for 3 months. Can you imagine?!?!

But anyway, I have gotten quite good at introducing people to the town and the lifestyle, so I gave him a crash course and we got ready for Friday's game. 


Friday finally came. I had been waiting on that day for two months! I had also been waiting to get my name spelled correctly on my jersey. Mind you, I have been asking the owner to fix it for two months and everytime he says don't worry it'll get fixed. I have seen three new teammates come and get their names on their jersey before mine was fixed. I asked everyday on the week leading up to the game and I was promised it would get fixed.

Gametime. I look at my jersey and guess what, you guessed it, jersey looked exactly the same. I was beyond furious. At this point I knew I had to take matters into my own hands so I changed this...


Not going to cut it
That's better














                                      TO THIS... 


and I didn't have a bit of shame.

So we play the game and unfortunately I didn't receive favorable officiating, to put it mildly. I was in foul trouble the whole game and I did not have a good game. We still battled as a team but we lost by four on the road to a good team.

I was quite frustrated after the game, but I knew I had to stay focused and get ready for the next one. Needless to say I had a much better game on Sunday (you can look at stats HERE but unfortunately you can't watch them live) but we still came up on the short end by 4 against a good team on the road.

This week we have to home games so hopefully we will fare better. Thank you guys for tuning in, and I hope to see you next time on OVERSEAS ADVENTURES!


P.S. I want to give a special thanks to my iPhone for allowing my to jot down my blog even though I didn't have my computer. You have served me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment