Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Day We've All Been Waiting For

Due to the death of the Argentinian President's husband, all matches were suspended on Friday and moved to Tuesday.


Sunday comes, we have to win. We have lost four close games, but was time to come out victorious. I was anxious for the game; no way we were losing that one. The team we were playing against was 4-0 and we were 0-4 but that didn't matter; we had to win!...


Well...We won, we won, we shot the bb gun. They lost, they lost, they ate the applesauce. Sorry, my inner 3 year old just came out, but it was a good win after some tough loses so I feel it was justified. As for me, I had what I think was my best game as a professional (23 points 10 rebounds and 3 blocks... of course I got the wine :) 
- I have added a link to the stats along with the pictures at the top of the page.


They love me in this city. They were chanting my name during the game ( Jerome clap clap clap Jerome... and my favorite Oleeee olee oleee oleeee Jeeeerooooommmmmme Jeeeeeerooommmmee!!!) I couldn't help but smile. 


Last week, there was an article on me in the newspaper here. Boy my teammates teased me a lot for that picture. In my defense, it was after the tough loss against our rivals and I was trying to leave when someone with a "normal" digital camera asked to take my picture. I put on my best fake smile and let them take the picture, assuming it was for a fan. Nope. It was blown up and put in the newspaper the next day. Oh well haha.


My Spanish is getting better everyday. I am also getting quite a few followers here in Argentina. One of these days I will write my blog in Spanish and make my American readers translate!


Back to business. Today we hadanother game. Yes, it's great we won our last game, but we are only 1-4 and we need another win.


A few hours before the game, I heard a knock outside. Wasn't quite sure if it was my door, but I went to see anyway. I looked outside, and to my surprise I saw a new bed! Queen size!!! I teared up a little bit. I quickly ran back in my room to turn off the Spice Girls music that was blasting  (I'm glad they didn't know English or they definitely would've made fun of me) and moved my things around for the new bed. In the olden days I slept like this...
And I used to not wear socks when I slept...
My feet will still hang off the bed,
but I'm 6'9 (2.06) so I'm used to it





But now my friends, I will sleep like this! 






Ok, seriously back to business. Gametime. Not going to lie, I was a tad bit tired from Sunday, however, we fought hard as a team and came out with another victory! We are now 2-4 with two more games on Friday and Sunday. I know, it's a long week. What makes it worse is that we have a 12+ hour bus ride ahead of us... Argentina, beautiful place, but just a tad bit too big... Anyway, I'll have every battery that I own charged to capacity and we will set off ready to grab some more victories!

2 comments:

  1. DOUBLE-DOUBLE boom!

    what's with the short wall at the end of the bed by the way? who does that? you can't even hang your feet off the end of the queen...

    we miss you from cville. keep living large.

    oleeee jeeeeeeroooooommmmme!

    ReplyDelete