Monday, November 29, 2010

Un-Happy Thanksgiving

First I would like to say thank you to everyone who has read my blog. I'm over 5000 views! Never knew the blog would be read by so many. Granted, half of those views are from my mom, but 2500 still isn't bad. Ok. It has been a long two weeks so let me get started. 


I always like to dedicate a few words in my blog about lost teammates. Lost another one last week; Argentinian this time. It's always hard to say goodbye and I'll miss him. 


On to last Fridays game. We lost another close one on the road. Ugh. I missed seven free throws that game. Seven. I went 3/10. In my whole basketball career I have shot about 75-80%. That was definitely the first time in my life that I missed 7 free throws in one game. 


Sunday rolled around with some big news. MY DAD CAME. He came all the way from Baton Rouge to watch me play, and it was his first professional basketball game! He had a lot of fun.


Why yes this is my dad... I had to answer that question  a lot.
Yet again, we lost. Close game on the road. Same old story. Very frustrating. Anyways, on Monday we had dinner with a very kind family who has shown me great hospitality since I have been here. I'll call this Monday dinner my Thanksgiving dinner. No turkey, because that is not served in this country, but I was with family and friends and we were all eating together and having a good time; that's what Thanksgiving is all about! 
Who needs turkey when you have beef ribs?
Happy Thanksgiving!











Then things start to go downhill. First of all, we looked at the schedule before my dad came and he was SUPPOSED to be able to see 3 games this week. He saw the game on Sunday, but unfortunately they changed the dates for the Friday and Sunday game. That meant he came all this way to see only one game, and not even a home game! We got a couple days off because of this so I was able to give him a tour of the city and we got to hang out, however, on Thursday we had practice. Not just one practice, two practices and lifting and swimming; we all know how much I loooove swimming. Annnnnnd I didn't have any turkey! Definitely the worst Thanksgiving Day ever.

Anyway, enough of me being the Scrooge of Thanksgiving. My dad leaves tomorrow and I had a great time hanging out with him here. While we were walking around, he saw some of the crazy driving that they do here and he commented about it. Then I said, "Now you see what I have been talking about in my blog". He then shook his head a little bit. I asked him if he even reads my blog and he said no. Wait a minute. My dad doesn't even read my blog? My mom checks it everyday, my friends and other family members read it, but not my dad? What a shame. I'm not even afraid to write this because I know he's not even going to see it. And since he doesn't read I'll make fun of him. He knows the least amount of Spanish than anyone I've ever met. He literally knew two words. 'Hola' and 'uno'. He learned three more during his stay here. 'Al club', to use the taxi to get to the gym, and 'arroz', because he loves rice (Mom don't tell him I wrote this).

Lastly, I got interviewed for the first time since I've been here; in Spanish. I am quite proud of myself. I understood almost everything he asked me; the speaking still needs a little work, but I'll get there.

That's all folks. I'll be coming home soon. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment