Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's Time To Take Action

After 6 weeks it is time. (Hard to imagine that I've been here that long already). But it is time to get down to business and learn Spanish. So far I've been getting by with speaking broken Spanish and catching a word here or there when someone speaks to me. Except, of course, for food. If you hear me order food you'd think I had been speaking Spanish my whole life :)

I have a new teammate now. Now I get to be the big brother. But since he’s older than me I’m more like the annoying, know-it-all little brother. Like my former teammate, he has been all over the world and has had many different experiences with playing professional basketball. We also have similar backgrounds and are both intelligent basketball players, so we have interesting conversations about some of our experiences with that and just life in general.

As far as basketball news, unfortunately we were eliminated from the Argentina Cup. It was the same scenario as last week; we had a game Tuesday and Friday, and Saturday if necessary. We lost on Tuesday, but on Friday I brought my computer, my charger, my deodorant, and a change of clothes with me because I knew we would be staying until Saturday. However, we were again unsuccessful and thus eliminated from the tournament. Both games were close and I think once my new teammate gets accustomed to the system and vice versa, we will be a good team. Atenas, we will see you again; be ready!  

This is my seventh week here, and it has barely rained at all...that definitely changed this week. For the past two days it has been raining cats and dogs – for lack of a better pun. That doesn’t bode well for a guy on a bike, doesn’t bode well at all. It got so bad that it even hailed at one point.

Haill, hail, go away. Come again another day.
Now I know you’ve all seen hail before, but I just wanted to show you so you’d stop complaining about how hot it is in the US. I’d gladly take that heat right now. It rained so hard that we couldn’t even practice today because the ceiling was leaking. Now I’m not going to make a joke about that because even the mighty John Paul Jones Arena has leaked before.
But yeah, for the next few weeks we’ll get a lot of practice time in before our first official game October 15th. Two-a-days… not fun in any country!

No comments:

Post a Comment