Friday, September 20, 2013

Rock in Rio

Sometimes you make impulsive decisions that are good, sometimes they are bad. I saw that Justin Timberlake and Alicia Keys were coming to Rio for Rock in Rio and I impulsively bought a ticket. I did not know anyone who was going, I didn't know how I was going to get there or how I was going to get home. I didn't think about it, I just bought the ticket and I figured out the rest later. (This is what you need to do. Just buy your ticket to Rio and figure out the rest of it later). Why not, the season has not started yet, why shouldn't I enjoy a bit of Rio.

Anyway, I found some people I knew who were going and I figured out my transportation: time to party! There was like a hundred thousand people there; it was crazy.

               


I knew I would be in a big crowd which always brings the danger of someone pickpocketing you. Though I would hope my size would intimidate anyone trying to steal from me, I still took precautions and hid my money and my phones. When I was on the bus heading towards Rock in Rio, I put my hand in my pocket to pull out my headphones, and realized I had accidentally brought this...


Yep, that is what it looks like. I brought a remote control to Rock in Rio. Maybe that it was a smart idea. A remote control in my pocket looks very similar to a phone so if someone did try to steal from me, they would be in for a bit of surprise! Imagine if you were pickpocketing someone and stole a remote control. What would you do? A part of me wanted someone to steal it from me to see what would happen haha. Ok back to the concert.

I was closer to the back of the concert for a couple of reasons. One, I'm very tall and I would block everyone behind me if I were too close. Even where I stood there was no one behind me for that very reason. Two, because I was with a big group and it would have been hard to get that many people close to the front. It was fine by me, I could see perfectly and I charged 20 reals for anyone who wanted to sit on my shoulders haha.

Ok. I raised my arms to take this pic
but my view was still pretty good!


I knew I liked Alicia Keys and Justin Timberlake very much before the concert, but I didn't realize just how much until I was at the concert. I used all the extra space I had to sing at the top of my lungs and dance and flail my arms without a care in the world. Enjoyed Alicia so much I kept singing Girl on Fire as I moved to and from the bathroom; the people who heard me got a good laugh out of that. Fortunately or unfortunately there is no footage of my singing. I had a lot of fun and I'm glad I went. I will be on the lookout for any more artists that I like who are coming to Rio!


I was also fortunate enough to have the opportunity to go to Iguazu Falls. I had gotten so accustomed to Rio's weather that I forgot to check the forecast and I didn't bring a jacket. Big mistake; it is still winter in Brazil! Anyway, the waterfalls were absolutely amazing and they should be on everyone's bucket list. Here are a few pictures.






2 comments:

  1. Bem vindo ao Brasil,
    Sou do interior do estado do Rio de Janeiro e mal posso esperar pelas partidas do Mengão na cidade de Campos/RJ no mês que vem.
    A torcida do Flamengo é muito grande no Brasil e o basquete é a segunda paixão da torcida.
    Que você possa trazer muitas alegrias para a torcida do Mengão.
    Boa sorte.


    ------


    Welcome to Brazil
    I'm in the state of Rio de Janeiro and can not wait for the matches Mengão in Campos / RJ next month.
    The fans of Flamengo in Brazil is very large and basketball is the second passion of the fans.
    You can bring a lot of joy to fans of Mengão.
    Good luck

    P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I used Google Translate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eu entendi perfectamente rsrs. Estou estudando português todos os dias e já entendo muito. Obrigado por a sua mensagem e tomara q possa trazer muitas alegrias para você a toda a torcida do Mengão!!

    ReplyDelete