Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Time for Me

...It had gotten to the point where it was the only thing on my mind. My senses were heightened. I was ready to jump at moment's notice. I could see it, I could smell it, I could even taste it. I rocked back and forth anxiously waiting until she came behind us and said those words that I was dying to hear, "Ok guys, time to eat!" I was like this. That's not an exaggeration, it was literally how fast I moved.

We arrived to area where the food was and, to my dismay, I saw that the plates were smaller than the size of my hand. "No matter, I will just keep going back until I am full!"I thought to myself. But just as I finished my first plate my bliss had come to an end when someone said, "This food isn't for us, ours is in another location." Ok, I thought, as long as there was more food to come I will be fine. However, being the wise, eating veteran that I am, I put some food in my pocket before I left. Good thing too because we didn't eat again until halftime!...

Yeah so this post is supposed to be about my first soccer game experience, but I decided to start with the most memorable moment for me :)

I was invited to watch Flamengo's soccer team play on Wednesday against Vítoria in the new soccer stadium Maracana. The stadium is beautiful and I got a chance to go on the field and walk around in the dugout before the game. We watched the game from the presidents box; I felt like a big shot haha.












I will admit, I am not the biggest soccer fan in the world, but I do enjoy the big games. I never played soccer growing up, so all I know I learned from playing FIFA; I played it a lot so I do know a thing or two haha. During the game there were a couple of times that I did not understand what happened, but for the most part I understood it and I enjoyed it. We won that game 2-1! I guess I brought the team some good luck.

I almost forgot, I got interviewed before and after the game in Portuguese and I was able to understand most of it. I had to respond in English but at least I know I'm making progress. The goal of doing interviews completely in Portuguese by January still stands!

Chillin in the dugout



I hope all of these people like
basketball too! haha


It had rained during the game, but I was under a cover so it did not bother me. When I arrived home, however, I realized just how much it had rained. The streets were flooded like they had been in Rio Tercero (for those of you who have followed my blog from the beginning). Luckily I was able to take the subway and I arrived near my hotel so I stayed dry. All in all I had a great day!



I couldn't even cross the street to get my Açai!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment