Thursday, January 27, 2011

On the Road Again...

After our great start to 2011, he had a stretch of four road games. Now for those of you who have been following along, you know that we have yet to win a road game this year. But before I get to that I have something more important to talk about...

My buddy turned one and she had a party!
She brightens up my bad days
and spices up my good ones.
Unfortunately, I had to miss the party because I had practice. Boy I tell you if there were ever a day for me to play hooky, it would have been that day. But I went to practice and missed her birthday party :( I can't wait until she starts running around.




Ok. Back to basketball. First road game. Back to Buenos Aires! We came out in this game a little flat and ended up losing to a good team. The two Americans that played on the other team were actually former ACC players; one from Wake Forest, and the other from...from...from...he's a Hokie. Not only was he a Hokie, he was a HUGE Hokie. He told me he was 143 kg (315 lbs) and was easily the strongest person I've ever played against. I'm just happy I made it through that game in one piece.

Second road game. Big game! We were the third to last team playing the second to last team.
- Quick break to explain the playoff system. There are 16 total teams in this league. At the end of the year, the top 4 teams get a bye, the next 8 play in the first round of the playoffs, and the bottom four have their own playoff. The two losing teams of that playoff go down to the second division. Yeah, so this was a huge game. I debated about how I was going to tell the story of this game. I think the best way would be to say that we lost 101-99 in overtime, and for you to read this article that the league published. So, yeah. I think I'll leave it at that. I also rolled both of my ankles this game. My right one before the game, and my left one in overtime. I'll just say that it is rather difficult to walk when both of your ankles hurt, but I'm so glad that I wear ankle braces.

Third road game...mmm let's skip this one.

Fourth and final road game of this stretch. Huge game. Battle of the last place teams. It started off as a back and forth battle. In the second quarter we started to fall behind a little due to foul trouble. No comment. However, we came out from halftime and had one of those "nothing can go wrong" third quarters which gave us the lead and we sustained it for the rest of the game. First road win! It felt good. Now we just have to continue at home and try to move up to at least the 12th spot.

Toe update:
You remembered when I broke my toenail? Well it's been dead for a while and as of yesterday it looked like this...
Hope you aren't eating anything
I figured since the dead toenail was raising off of the skin it was time to take it off. So after my shower, I went to work and pulled most of it off. Don't worry, it didn't hurt because most of the toenail is dead. But now it looks like this. Well, hope you enjoyed it, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment